Saturday 7 October 2017

Animal Farm


Animal Farm


Hallo Everyone!

Here's the last in our series
on Animal Farm so sit back
and relax, perhaps with a
cuppa?  Claire Jackson is
going to take you to the
farm......................


"One of my favourite techniques is 
to use masking to create images which 
appear to be layered and have depth, 
but which are actually flat. 

Admittedly it might sometimes be easier
 to decoupage the images...............
but where’s the fun in that?!


First I stamped the cat slightly off centre on a 5” square
 of card and again on a sticky note.


 Next I cut the sticky note to create a mask
 and layered a stencil on top. 
If you think you might move it use 
masking tape to keep it in place.


 I cut a circle from the centre of a piece 
of card and layered it over the image 
and the first stencil 
(keeping the circle from the middle.)


I sponged Distress Ink over the aperture
 and stencil. I then removed the stencil and
 drew around edge of the aperture with
 a fine pen and added stamping over the top.


When I removed the sticky note mask 
the aperture it looked like this.


Next I masked the cat again with the
 sticky note and used the circle to mask off
 the centre, before adding stamping to the 
outside part of the card and splatters 
of Distress Ink.


 Leaving this when I took the masks away.


I coloured the image with alcohol markers
 and added a shadow around the cat
 and the circle to create the illusion of depth.


 Next I added a sentiment and made two
 tiny holes through which I threaded 
a paper flower.     Oh all right, 
so it’s not completely flat!


To finish off I mounted it on a card blank...


before doing another one!"


Thank you Claire - they're
great cards


Well, that's set me up for the
day ahead.  If I hit a sticky spot
I shall think of this tutorial and
smile..............I hope!

Have e a good day

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Claire, so love these cheeky chaps xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are soooo cool! Love the quirky animals and your masking techniques are fab! xxx

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.