Thursday 11 May 2017

Blossom Time

Blossom Time


Hallo Everyone!

Hope your day is going well
Today we have a gorgeous
project from Louise Thomson

You might need to get yourself
a nice cup of something and a
comfy seat:

"I was very excited about playing with 
these new Tracey Scott stamps, 
they're so bold and fun 
and useful for all sorts


I started with a tando organiser which I coated 
in gesso and then fresco paints. 

For this project I used the limited edition 
Tracey Scott paint colours, 
teamed up with granny smith,
 Bougainvillea, and Nougat.

Each page of the organiser was treated 
to a different paint colour. 



Using the stamps mounted on a clear block 
I began building scenes in each of the pages.
 If you are planning to paint on to a stamped image,
 always make sure you use a permanent ink- 
I used Ranger Archival ink for this.


Another option is to stamp using the paint
 as I have done on the front cover
 in the background. 

Apply it thinly to a piece of cut n dry foam 
and dab over the stamp to get even coverage. 
You can get two or three decent impressions
 each time before re coating in paint. 



When you're happy with your stamping 
you can start painting 


I added highlights to some of the book's 
colours using the white Nougat paint.





To add a little extra texture I worked in 
to the painting using inktense pencils adding 
borders, shading and doodling.


On some pages I added hints of glitter 
using the wink of Stella pen too.


The front and. 


 back covers.




I used a fineliner to add a title to the front - as you can see, nothing too specific!

Here are all the pages in order:









With all the pages completed I tied them
 together using some rough twine 
from my stash, not forgetting to add 
a mixture of bright paper to the 
inside so I can write in it!



Here are a couple of views of
the inside with paper additions:




Hope you enjoyed this project
and it inspires you to make one too"


Materials list;

Fresco paints – Granny Smith, Bougainvillea, Nougat
Paper and twine from stash


Well I'm certainly inspired - this is 
a lovely project and would make
a great place to catalogue my
PaperArtsy stamp collection

Thank you Louise


Of course, if you think you won't
have the time to make a big project
there is also the option to buy the
smaller Tando Planner, which is the
same size pages but fewer of them
.........just saying...........!


'Till Tomorrow

Mickie xx
















4 comments:

  1. Really fab project Louise, lovely summery colours and clever use of pencils X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project and loving the colour scheme. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the bright colours and how you've also kept open space on the pages. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! Love the idea, the vibrant colours, and these big flowers on the pages, perfect indeed here.
    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.