Thursday 4 May 2017

Archiving

Archiving


Hi Everyone!

Louise Thomson is with us
today to show us a super 
simple way to get the most
from those paper pads we
tend to use a couple of pages
from and then store the rest


"I’ve been playing with a gorgeous paper pad 
from kaisercraft this week. 

There are so many bits included I think it’s one 
I’ll get a lot of makes out of. 

Some of the papers inside are totally white with
 a glossy pattern added to them. This makes them 
perfect for adding colour to. 

I experimented with adding watercolours 
and brushos, using the gloss as a resist. 

For this make I started by swiping my archival pad 
over the gloss several times and then wiping
 the excess off with a damp cloth.




I chose to mount this on to a watercolour design 
from the pad and ran the archival ink pad around
the edges of both papers to give them a subtle border.



I cut a large and a small flower from one
of the page designs and edged them 
with Potting Soil Archival ink



Using the back of my thumb nail 
I curled the petals and layered 
the flowers together. 

In the centre I added a little button 
coated in alchemy wax.


I completed the card with a sentiment
stamped in Archival aquamarine. 
Again I edged it with the Archival ink. 

The card is finished with a little
Wink of Stella and some liquid pearls"



Materials list;
Archival ink (aquamarine, potting soil)
Button (from stash)


Thank you Louise - I do like a card
that can be used for many occasions


I shall be spending this evening making
cards - I do seem to have accumulated
a paper pad or two................!

'Til tomorrow

Mickie xx







2 comments:

  1. Lovely card and sentiment ---- and my favourite colour too! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and makes me think I may have paper pads that need some love! Angela x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.