Saturday 20 May 2017

About Town

About Town



Hallo Everyone!

This is our final trip
to town for this week

Angela Radford is here
with us today with a
great tutorial - you might
need to arm yourself with a
cuppa and a comfy chair
while you take in all the sights

"Hi all, back again to show you what 
I've been up to with the new Tim Holtz
Thinlits dies, Cityscape and I make no excuse 
for using the Oxides again to create 
some background papers.


By the way, I make no apology for the length 
of this tutorial you will just have to get a
 cuppa and settle down to it Lol!


To start this project I used two sheets 
of black A4 card cut in half length ways
for the pages and two pieces of packaging 
card cut slightly wider to make this 
Concertina Mini Book covers


Next you need to fold the black card and 
join three of the strips together


You can see here how I placed one section 
on top of the other and then glued them together.


Take the packaging card and place onto your 
chosen design for the cover allowing a couple 
of centimetres around the edges for turning


When you attach the background paper,
 score around the corners to ensure a clean finish.


 Nice corners?


If you want a fastening now is the time to add it.

This is not really necessary but I find it 
easier later when attaching the pages 
so this stage is up to you.
I used the spare black strips to cover this.


 Now the fun begins. 
You will notice I am using the negative pieces too.



All stuck down, love it!


I prefer to cut up all the pieces before I start the inner pages.


I used the blue paper to create the background
 for the pages which I stamped with a Tim Holtz 
Script stamp and the blobbs are a Tim Holtz stencil.


I decided to attach the pages before mounting 
all the pieces but this is up to you.

I find a strong double sided tape and glue
 ensures they are properly attached. 

You can probably see now why I attached
 the black piece as it makes for easier positioning.


Started attaching the buildings next.



I'm sure you don't want to watch me stick all 
those pieces on so here is the finished book.


FRONT COVER: 



BACK COVER:


THE PAGES:


CLOSE UP VIEWS:



The tickets are by Tim Holtz too which I had
 in my stash. You'll notice that I added some 
Stickles glitter glue too.



 Well that's it. 
Hope you enjoyed watching me make
 this little book, I certainly enjoyed constructing it. 
Happy crafting, Angela xXx"

Products Used.

Thank you Angela. I was so engrossed
I even let my tea get cold..........!

What do you think everyone?  If you'll
forgive the pun but it is another that
is "right up my street"

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx



10 comments:

  1. Stunning backgrounds and a fabulous result using those wonderful Tim holtz Cityscape dies. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia, pleased you like it. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete
  2. Angela, this is totally amazing!! You have used the Cityscape die in the most incredible way - fantastic design and so beautifully executed!! Just had to pin this beauty!
    Anne xx

    PS - my tea went cold too - lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne, pleased you like it. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete
  3. Wow!! This is brilliant Angela!! Love the city scapes you created and using the blanks gives those gorgeous covers so much more depth. Beautifully done!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Margaret for the great comment. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete
  4. Love it, very clever ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tutorial, totally worth the read. Love the finished project. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cara, thanks for the visit and lovely comment. Happy crafting, Angela xXx

      Delete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.