Friday 19 May 2017

About Town

About Town


Hi There!

We're nearly through the month
already.............Where has the
time gone?  I reckon there must
be a big black hole dedicated to 
time - it sucks in as much as it
can and leaves us with as little
as it can.................!

Moving swiftly on......... here
is Hazel Harler to share her
journal with us:

"Hi everone, I've had lots of fun playing 
with the Tim Holtz Cityscape dies and 
have made a journal page with them.


I've had my Distress Oxide ink pads for a
 while now but not had time to play with them 
so I decided to use them to colour the card 
for the buildings. 

I pressed the ink pad onto my craft mat 
and sprayed it with water then I pressed the card 
into the ink.


I dried the first colour and then repeated 
the process with the second colour.


I repeated the process a few more times 
drying each coloure before adding the next. 

This is the finished card and the inks that I used.


Some more card that I coloured.



I used an old credit card and some 
Fresco Finish paint to colour the page.


Some of the die cuts.



 I was going to paint a couple of roads 
but decided to use tissue tape instead, 
then I started to add the buildings


 I used a black marker on the edges of the
 buildings before adhering them to the page, 
I used dimentional tape to adhere the buildings, 
trees and cars at the bottom of the page
and I added some remnent rubs and word stickers.

I found the quote on the internet."

"Every city is a living body"
(St  Augustine)


Items used:

Thanks Hazel - no pun intended
but this is right up my street.
The use of the tissue tape to
form the road is brilliant

I am certainly inspired to get my dies out
not to mention my bit box - have you
got one of these?  It is full of bits of
paper and card that are too nice to
throw away but not always big enough
for a project.  

'Till tomorrow

Mickie xx





4 comments:

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.