Tuesday 16 July 2013

Inspired by a painting... Gio

Hi, 
Here's Gio's interpretation of one of her favourite painting by Vettriano. 
She did not "copy" the whole painting but instead was inspired to alter a paper umbrella using PaperArsty stamps and paints.







I cut, from a piece of cream cardstock, 9 pieces of paper to fit the back of the paper umbrella. I painted them with a mix  of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Haystack and Nougat and I stamped them using Hot Picks 1206 and Distress Ink pad: Broken China. 
I glued them to the back of the paper umbrella to make it sturdier.
I gessoed the outside using the Pebeo Studio Gesso. When dry I covered with a mix of PaperArtsy Fresco Finish paints: Haystack and Nougat. I sprayed the umbrella with Cosmic Shimmer Mister: Teal Wash. 
I stamped the images from the same plate on different kind of papers, a high quality one, a tissue paper and copy paper using Distress Ink pad: Broken China and Ranger Archival Ink pad: Jet Black. I coloured them with the Derwent Inktense Blocks and a waterable brush, plus a touch of Treasure Gold.
I sprayed a piece of lace with Cosmic Shimmer Mister: teal wash and Rich Gold, and when dry I glued to the border of the umbrella along with the stamped images.

For the card: 
I cut a piece of cream cardstock to size. I sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer Mister: Teal Wash and Rich Gold. 
I stamped the car from the  Hot Picks 1206 stamp using Ranger Archival Ink pad:Coffee. 
I stamped the sentiment from the CI-256 - Handy sentiments stamp using Distress Ink pad: Broken China. 

Gio used:
Pebeo Studio acrylic auxiliaries: Gesso 250 ml 
Crafty Individuals White Silk Card - Regency Satin  
Cosmic Shimmer Mister: Teal Wash

See you tomorrow


4 comments:

  1. Amazing umbrella. Such an wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely and very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous make, really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project... clear where the inspiration comes from, but then it becomes a whole new work of art in your hands, Gio!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.