Wednesday 3 July 2013

At the seaside - Neil

Hi, 
Third day into our At the Seaside week with Neil and a very different, yet stunning project using GrungePaste, stencils and Treasure Gold. 
Neil used his own designs (Neelz Expressionz), Fish, Jellyfish and Shoal Positive for his sample. Perfect choice for this week's theme, don't you think?





Sometimes, I start a project with a picture in my mind but once I begin it it seems to take on it's own direction; that's what happened here!
I've created a trio of sea themed canvasses though they look more like tiles now. I love the result so I'm happy.

 I started out by using Grunge Paste through 3 of my masks, all sea themed, and left to dry.
Once the paste was dry, I spritzed with a couple of Dylusions inks and blotted it off. The colour does not stick to the canvas much though it seems to absorb into the paste.
Then I started adding some Treasure Gold randomly to them. Buffed it up a bit and then I decided to cover everything with a layer of clear UTEE.....

 As the UTEE was melting, areas began to bubble; I'm not sure whether it was the Treasure Gold boiling or the paste but it gave a great unexpected texture!

 Once that had cooled I highlighted the texture with more Treasure Gold (can you tell that I LOVE this stuff!?) and added another layer of UTEE!
When that had cooled I added further highlights with the copper Treasure Gold and decided to stop there as I was really pleased with the way they look. 

Materials
Treasure Gold - Olive Gold, Brass, Amethyst and Copper
Masks - Tando Creative/Neelz expressionz - Fish, Jellyfish and Shoal Positive
Dylusions Inks - Pure Sunshine, Vibrant Turquoise

See you tomorrow





5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love these! The surprise texture created by the Utee is so cool! The treasure gold ...something I need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them, and yes the surprise texture works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these big time Neil! I do hope they are hanging on your wall somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous great effects and texture

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous effects and colours, here is a wonderful trio of canvases, woow !!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete

We are very grateful for any comment you might leave.
All comments are moderated due to the huge amount of spam we receive. Your comment will not appear immediately. If you have any questions, please contact us directly, as your email address does not show in your comment, and therefore we cannot get back to you. Thank you.